The Fergi Fam

The Fergi Fam

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Maniac Toddler

I don't know if I'm yet to be considered a toddler, but by my recent attitude and actions one might call me a toddler... a sassy toddler at that.
I'm cuckoo. I'm manic. I laugh at everything. Walking/running through the house is hilarious and I think I'm so funny. I wave my arms around and flap them like a chicken and yell at objects, my dogs and my parents. I'm still screaming when I'm frustrated, but that is diminishing. I'm starting to replace that with a grunt and point at what I want. Silly mom is trying really hard to get me to use my signs to tell her what I want. I prefer grunting. And she usually figures out what I want... what is the big deal?

And I'm always going 100 miles an hour, well maybe one mile an hour (which is pretty fast for a little guy!) I still like to hold onto and throw small objects and now I'm putting them places: in drawers, cupboards, inside other toys, in the dog kennel, etc.
One of my favorite things is to fight with the pillow cushions, throw my monkeys and hide them in the couch and give the couch motorboats. I'm crazy.
Family photos have gotten a little silly too. This is the best one we took last weekend. Stay tuned... pretty soon we will have real professional family photos posted.
My grandma Ruby and Papa Steve are up visiting right now, too. I love to show off for them, and will even do some signs when they are around.
Grandma Ruby and Papa Steve play music and sing to me. I stand mesmerized (temporarily standing still) and then I start offering objects to them. I want to help!
I went down to Kelso/Longview last weekend and hung out at my Granny and Papa's. My mom managed to snap this pic as I was trying to wiggle my way out of Papa's lap.


I got really into a fire my dad and Grandma Ruby built. I slowed down enough to watch it, and then put my hand to my belly because it was getting hot, and then tugged at my pants because I knew it would be cooler without those on too! Smart cookie.


I'm just now starting to show an interest in books. At school I'm the one kid that doesn't crowd around and listen to books being read. But lately, I'm loving me some Barney (I know, so 10 years ago), but I actually put my hands on my ears and touch my head like he does in the book! And I laugh and point at him on every page. I have even been caught flipping through the pages of a book all by myself and babbling. I also like books that have mirrors. They say they are for kids 0-9 months, but hey! I love them.


Hammin' it up for the camera.


I have become a pretty good napper. I am usually down to one nap a day, and that is a long one: 2-3 hours. To wind down though I almost always have to chew on the silky of my blankie.

Lately, I have been playing so hard at school that I fall asleep on the ride home. My Pa comes out and gets me from the car.


Still on the bottle -- morning and night. My parents don't want to stop because I'm so irresistable when I cuddle. Sometimes I am so excited about my night time bottle my eyes roll back into my head. Delicious.

No comments: