The Fergi Fam

The Fergi Fam

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wedding Season is Over!!!!

Whew! I officially made it through my first wedding season. Man those events demand so much of you... you must stay awake and in good spirits for an entire wedding AND reception. Not to mention all the socializing you must do. I figured out (by the time my seventh wedding rolled around) that there are a few tricks to pass the time and keep yourself busy so you don't have a meltdown at an inopportune time...

1) Taking off your shirt, showing off your physique and catching some rays passes the time (and also attracts the ladies)

2) Taking family photos. Mom and dad are way more into this one than I am. Unless there is a red light to follow, count me out.

.

3) Stalking the bride. I love pretty ladies in pretty dresses.


4) Playing with Papa Peto and then catching a catnap during the ceremony. The rest of this story is... I woke up right before communion and was not in my Papa's arms anymore and couldn't be comforted so my own mother bounced me from the ceremony! Man! I had to miss the prounouncement and hoots and hollars at the end. That is always my favorite part! Stinkin' Ma.


5) Playing in a photo booth. My Beste, Papa Peto and Ma were cracking themselves up. In the bottom left picture they were trying to imitate me... ha ha... gotcha! I didn't chew my hand in that one! Suckers. There you just look like fools!



6) Catchin' some man time with my Pa. Working on my cottage-cheesy leg strength and chewing on hands really passes some time. Why am I wearing just a white onesie? Funny story... this was one of many weddings where I somehow soiled my first (and sometimes backup) outfits and this was the only thing left in the diaper bag for me to wear.

7) More pictures. See the red light gets me everytime!


8) Socializing at cocktail hour. Here I am talking to my Papa Peto as he snaps my mug.

9) Changing into my pjs and going to sleep under the table at the receptions. Did you know, that receptions (especially those with open-bars) make for great white noise? Try it!

No comments: