The Fergi Fam

The Fergi Fam

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Finnie -- 5 months

 An Interview about Finnegan Joye Fergus, 5 months old
 Mommy, the interviewer's, questions are in green, Finnie's responses are in orange.  Seamus' responses are in red.

Finnie, what are some of your favorite things to do?  I like to watch my brother play and when he gives me the time of day, I light up and squeal.  I also like to watch my mobile (sometimes in the middle of the night) and I like to be held.  I love it when my daddy plays with me and I love to grab his hair and nose and stand on him.  Sissy sleep.  No sister, no play my trains.

Tell me about your daily schedule: I wake early, usually around 6am and my mommy takes me downstairs to play while she works.  I usually play for a good 45 minutes and then I'm ready for my first nap.  Usually about that time my mom, brother and I walk to brother's school and I fall asleep during the ride.  I have a morning nap and afternoon nap (around 2 hours each).  In between naps I eat every 2-3 hours. I love to play on the floor, and sit on my mom's lap while she works (sometimes while she's teaching) and pull on her headphones.  I also like when my daddy takes me on playdates and wears me in the Ergo.

What are your favorite toys? I love my wooden wheel and bell toy, my Sophie Giraffe, and my towel that has chew corners.  I have this hard thing coming through the top of my gums and chewing seems to help.   I share Sophie -- Sophie lost. Where Sophie go?

What are some of your proudest accomplishments? Well, I'm sooooo glad you asked, I'm pretty modest so I don't like to share unless somebody is really interested, like you seem to be.  Let's see, at 3 1/2 months I rolled over from my tummy to my back.  My mom didn't believe it at first, but I showed her I wasn't joking around.  Then, two weeks ago, at 4 1/2 months, I rolled from my back to my stomach.  I can do that now without getting a rocking start.  I'm pretty strong.  Also, I'm clearly able to sleep through the night (but I don't like to).  Also, I'm an excellent breastfeeder and can eat while in the Ergo.  Easy stuff. Sister good at laughing.

What is your brother like?  He likes to talk to me and give me kisses and make me smile.  I am the center of his universe about 1% of the time. He narrates my moods.  "Sister not happy." Sister laughing." "Sister talking."  He's a great big brother.  He is even helping me learn sign language!  I smile and talk to him to show him I love him.  Seamus, do you love your sister?  yeah.

Why do you wake up during the night? Because I love my mommy soooo much and want to express my love by eating 2-3 times per night.

Tell us about your tummy troubles: Well, within 15 minutes of my food source ( I won't name any names) eating any milk, broccoli, or onions I get terrible tummy trouble and have to get a dose of gripe water AND gas medicine.

Do you have any dislikes?  I hate being on my back when I'm tired-- sometimes I flip over in my crib to resist going to sleep and I'm not able to (due to my rage) get to my stomach.  I can only sleep on my stomach.  That's about it right now. 

What are some of your tells?  When I'm tired I suck my right thumb and put my left hand behind my head. It's a dead giveaway that I'll fall asleep within minutes if I'm put down. You're welcome mom and dad.



No comments: