The Fergi Fam

The Fergi Fam

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

17 Months Old!!!





Oh my has the time flown! If I wasn't a big boy before, well golly, I am now! I'm all full of words now: "cack errr" "tack terrr" "do durt" "ap ple" "up" "dodeee" which translates to cracker, tractor, yogurt, apple, up and doggy.

I'm communicating with my signs still and have added "water" "yes" "help" and "night-night" and I'm working on "I love you". I will blow kisses when somebody is going "bye bye" and will wave too!

Some of my newest favorite things to do? Sing and dance. I love Ring around the Rosie because you get to fall down at the end, and I like the Hokey Pokey because you get to slap your hands on your legs. My dance moves are very sophisticated --- small steps side to side, and when I'm really inspired clapping hands and turning around.

I also still can't get enough of tractors, airplanes, trains and dumptrucks, etc. In fact I will remember where I saw a tractor last and will tell my mom as we are driving that a "tack terr" is coming up and will point.

I'm still Mr. Independent and like to do a lot of things on my own, but when it comes to climbing up stairs I halt and hold my hand out for my mom, and same with going down the stairs. I know I still need help with those.

Playing in kitchens has also become a favorite. We found a kitchen in an alley a few blocks from our house and it is now in our backyard! So, we are scoping out yardsales and thriftcenters for some good dishes and food to go in it, but for now my dinosaur and trucks fit just fine inside the oven and microwave.

Another big boy moment: I have been pointing to my diaper and saying "uh oh" when there is a doodie in there for my parents. How nice of me!

No comments: