The Fergi Fam

The Fergi Fam

Thursday, August 28, 2008

4 Months Old!!!

I'm 4 months old!!!

What is new? Well, I love my hands and can get them to grab pretty much anything, except that graphing calculator my mom wanted me to pose with in a picture- it was just too heavy! My nap schedule is pretty erratic and somedays I just really don't want to miss out on anything fun that might happen, and I can't allow my eyelids to close! Other days I will sleep hours and hours. But, regardless of how I sleep during the day, my nights have been pretty restful. I love sleeping at night! And, I must say, I am getting quite good at it. I usually sleep for about 8 hours, need a fueling, and then back down I will go! AND, to help me fall asleep on my own I have discovered love... love of my blankie! I suck and soak that thing with slobber, but it comforts me. It might not be manly, but that is how I roll so lay off Dad! Speaking of rolling... I haven't done it again. I am waiting for just the right time.

At my 4 month checkup I didn't reach my goal of 18 lbs, but I was close! 17lbs and 11oz, and I'm a good 26 inches tall too! Such a big boy I am. The Dr. we met with (not my usual Dr) told mom my "num nums" need to be limited. I was astonished, and so was my mom! She decided to ignore that suggestion and wait until my 6 month to see what Dr. Braile says. And, I must agree with her decision - so wise my mother is! She did decide to not nurse me to sleep, and try to get me down other ways if I have already eaten. I listened to her reasoning and decided that I could help her out with that and put myself down sometimes on my own, hence my blankie!

No comments: