The Fergi Fam

The Fergi Fam

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day Out With Thomas the Train

Seamus' Take:  "IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ride Thomas" is all that came out of my mouth as we drove up to Snoqualmie yesterday. As we drove home, all my mom heard was "More Thomas?"

What a day --I got to meet Thomas and ride him, too!
"My Momma" I declared to Thomas and the photographer when they tried to take my picture.  I know they were jealous!
Waving to all the people not lucky enough to be on Thomas!  We saw diesels, cranes, street sweepers, and bulldozers along our ride, and the conductor walked by our seat soooo many times and even took our tickets.  It was great!  Later I even saw the conductor in line to buy a hotdog and I couldn't contain my excitement.

Sissy and I wore our OshGosh choo choo overalls.
Ooh, you don't like my grubby hands all over your face? My bad!

And then there was a "tent of death" as I heard my mom refer to it.  There were Thomas train sets set up everywhere! By the time my mom was done watching me play (an hour later) I still wasn't ready to go and threw a really good tantrum for her.  I let her pry the trains out of my hands and carry me away (while she also carried my sister).  I had to make a grand exit, you know.
Here I am with my new Gordon choo choo.  I chose Gordon over Thomas, I told my mom "Put Thomas back.  IIIIIIIIIII Gordon". I like to pretend to take pictures as you can see I'm clearly taking a picture of my mom through the peep hole.

Just when my day couldn't get any better, it did. We got to ride a school bus back to our car.  I have a thing for stop signs right now and was so excited to see one on the bus. 

Kim's Reflection:  What a great day! I'm really glad we caught an early train and beat the rushes in the morning.  Sissy was a champ in the Ergo and she just got out twice to eat and then went right back in and was happy as a clam amongst the sea of 2-3 year old boys everywhere. I didn't realize that Seamus was cognitively ready to play with the wooden trains, and I immediately called my mom who had been saving the Brio trains my brother and I had growing up.  She is dusting them off and getting them ready for our next visit down south.  With all things considered, Seamus did really well.  The fit about leaving the train tent happened 1/2 an hour past his normal nap time and I could tell it was coming by a certain tired look he gets when he is 1 bad event away from a fit.  I was hoping he would sleep all the way home, and he fell asleep within 1 minute of heading down the road.  But, I had to stop and feed Finnie and Seamus woke up with a "School Bus? Thomas? More Thomas? More conductor?"  Ay, ay, ay.

No comments: