The Fergi Fam

The Fergi Fam

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby Sissy Is Here!

Kim's Perspective:    Finnegan Joye Fergus arrived Friday, May 28th at 3:12pm.  She was 2 days overdue, and was a well cooked baby weighing in at 8lbs, 4oz and a whopping 21 inches long!  Already, way ahead of brother from the get-go. She is going to give that little guy a run for his money as soon as she can start moving!

Donegal was out of town for the weekend at his big end of season NWAACC tourney.  I was at home alone with Seamus Thursday night when I developed a bout of food poisoning.  Our great friends came over and took Seamus to their house for the night so I could focus on resting... however, I woke at midnight to find I was having regular labor pains.... GAME ON!  My friend drove me to the hospital at 2am and stayed with me until Donegal arrived at 5am.

10 more hours of labor and this is what resulted...
Finnie Chimes In:   Turns out my umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck. The nurses and midwives did a great job of not letting on that anything was wrong and my mom didn't find out about it until after I was out of trouble.  Apparently it took a little effort to get me working!
Here I am just ticked off that the food poisoning brought me out of my warm home...

So my mom and dad checked me out and my mom started talking and singing to me -- I recognized that lady's voice and the tune and I fixated on her.
Ahhhhh.... much better.... snoozer!
Then my world got rocked when I met my brother


First Family Foto
We love you little Finnie!

No comments: