The Fergi Fam

The Fergi Fam

Saturday, December 27, 2008

8 Months Old!!!


Wow, have I been a busy, busy boy! I'm working on all sorts of developments. Eating is probably the most important one. I am using both hands, and will pick through the items on my tray and eat the things I prefer such as bread and turkey, oh, and I just figured out I enjoy me some broccoli too! Carrots are my new favorite food, but those have to be fed to me (gosh darnit, I can't get enough of those!) I'm scooting side to side and backwards, and love to reach for my parents when I'm distressed (or not so distressed... perhaps when I just want some lovins) I heard my mother tell my Auntie that this is her favorite stage so far, and I wondered, "Well, what the heck was wrong with the other 8 months lady?" Psh. She can be very ungrateful sometimes. Me? I'm very grateful, mostly for food. I love to cuddle, and I'm a big squealer... usually a result of when I suck in a bunch of air and then I enjoy the sound it makes so I do it again, and again, and again.... and clapping is a new favorite of mine too. I will clap and talk and clap and talk, even if there is nobody watching me.

I ride in the car a lot and try to have conversations with Chinook and Juneau, and they will hang with me for a while to help me with any food items I'm working on, but then they become unresponsive when my food is all gone. Huh, interesting. Anyways, sleeping is going OK, depending on who you ask. I love to sleep on my stomach curled up with my fanny sticking out. I go to bed pretty reliably between 6 and 7 and wake up almost on the dot every morning at 6am. I'm not a big sucker for my mom's attempts to get me to sleep in on non-school days. Walking is also going well. I love to stand and dance and turn while standing, and I have started scaling items. My mom says she is going to push me down if I start walking before I'm 1 because she says the house isn't ready yet, or is it because she isn't ready yet? Hmmm. And I got two teeth (about 3 weeks ago... why didn't my mom already send out the newsflash?) and they help me eat my big man food that is supposed to give me big man muscles. And, my hair--- I can't see it, but I hear it is coming in curly in the back. I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments: